Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sneezeweed, Smokebush, and Gooseneck Loosestrife

These odd sounding plants are in their full glory now in my Campobello Island gardens.  Although a little dry this summer, I don't think I have ever had a better year for my garden than this one.  My mints are over 4 feet high, my sunflower is over 5 feet high, and everything is doing incredibly well.  The fireweed has passed though and the old-timers say when the fireweed goes to fluff, the cool weather is not far behind.  Well the fireweed is beginning to "fluff"...

We are winding down the Friar's Bay Studio Gallery and have repopulated the Gallery with paintings Michael has brought back from the St Andrews show today.  Come visit us at 822 Route 774, Welshpool, NB E5E 1A6.  Don't use your GPS or Google Maps to find us as they seem to have wiped out all the data on the Island for those of us on Route 774 and despite lots of effort, I can't get the addressing corrected.  See our directions at:  http://www.friarsbaygallery.com/  I would be happy to give you a tour of my gardens!

Below are kaleidoscopes of the 3 plants in my title today!


Gooseneck Loosestrife and Spinner

\

Smokebush


Sneezeweed in Full Bloom

You will have to visit to see the plants from which I have created the kaleidoscopes!  Maybe you will take home an original painting with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment