well....let me count the ways....
1. I love symmetry in nature;
2. I love the interplay of intricate detail and the broad symmetrical outline of the shapes in a kaleidoscope;
3. I love that luminosity seems spring forth from kaleidoscopes naturally;
4. I love that the design of kaleidoscopes are infinite in number and endlessly changing so they are addictive to create
in a positive way;
5. I love that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I can take a simple photo and zero in on a small section and
the design is automatically greater in interest than the slice of photo that I started with; AND
6. I love the visual unity of colors and patterns created.
This started as a simple photograph of Mulholland Light on Campobello Island taken from Lubec on a foggy morning. The luminosity seems to emanate from within.
This was a simple photograph of a flower repeated 20 times