Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why am I drawn to kaleidoscopic designs?

well....let me count the ways....

1.  I love symmetry in nature;

2.  I love the interplay of intricate detail and the broad symmetrical outline of the shapes in a kaleidoscope;

3.  I love that luminosity seems spring forth from kaleidoscopes naturally;

4.  I love that the design of kaleidoscopes are infinite in number and endlessly changing so they are addictive to create 
      in a positive way;

5.  I love that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.  I can take a simple photo and zero in on a small section and       
      the design is automatically greater in interest than the slice of photo that I started with; AND


6. I love the visual unity of colors and patterns created.





This started as a simple photograph of Mulholland Light on Campobello Island taken from Lubec on a foggy morning.  The luminosity seems to emanate from within.


This was a simple photograph of a flower repeated 20 times

1 comment: